Saturday, May 9, 2015

Family Boundaries

This week in class we learned about all the different types of boundaries there can be within a family unit. There are three types. There is the rigid boundary, where its pretty much like a wall between two people. There is little known about each other's life and they don't really communicate with each other. Then there is the permeable or clear boundaries. That means there is an equal amount of exchange and they have a healthy relationship. Then there is the poor or diffuse boundary, where two people are either very open or overly open with each other.

After learning about these boundaries, I made connections with the relationships in my family. Something I have always noticed is the great relationship my parents have with each other. They definitely have a clear boundary. Whenever they are in an argument, they don't ignore each other, or yell at each other. They have clear communication and work out what they need to and move on. They don't shut each other out. They are truly each other's best friends. The relationship my parents have has been an example to me and that is something I strive to have with my future husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment